Amanda Vogel is the owner of Active Voice, a writing, editing and consulting service for the fitness industry. She’s a Hootsuite-certified social media consultant for fitness brands and public figures and a Fitness Technology Spokesperson for IDEA. During this interview Amanda shares her tips on why its essential to truly understand your customer, the importance of strategy and planning for social selling strategies and success with it, having the right person working for your business or brand.
- 00:45 Introduction to Amanda Vogel
- 01:40 Three biggest Social Media errors made by fitness businesses
- 05:09 How do you identify the best place to start on Social Media?
- 07:23 Who is the right person to manage your Social Media?
- 11:15 Top three tips for efficient Social Media Management
- 17:06 Exciting announcement for Australian and New Zealand listeners!
Top Tips From The Show
- Stop just “Putting out the fire” on your Social Media. Understand your goal and create a plan ahead of time
- Don’t make the mistake of appointing the wrong person to look after your social media. What’s more important is to recruit someone that has the time, the interest and someone that understands your brand
- Be aware and stay up to date with what is popular for a particular platform, for example – a few years ago, images were popular on Facebook, now its all about video
- When considering what social media to use, really think about which platform is most suited to your brand and research so you know where your audience is!
Inspirational Quotes From The Experts
“There is no sense wasting your time, resources and energy on a platform that your customers are not on” Amanda Vogel “Brainstorming, networking and connecting with other people that really understand what you are trying to do, helps you generate ideas, that you can ultimately put up on Social Media”
Resources Our Experts Shared In The Show
www.activevoice.ca www.Facebook.com/fitnesswriter @amandavogel on Twitter amandavogelfitness on Instagram http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-conferences/idea-world-fitness-convention www.activemgmt.com.au/events
Tweetables – share the Experts knowledge to #GROW
[Tweet “Stop Putting out the fire on your Social Media @amandavogel”] [Tweet “The thing that’s really HOT right now – is videos on Facebook @amandavogel”] [Tweet “Pre-schedule content according to your social media goals & strategies @amandavogel”] [Tweet “Study different platforms, see what works best & figure out where your audience is @amandavogel”]
Share Your Thoughts
Tell us your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here! Comment below and you could win a 3 minute interview on the Fitness Business Podcast! Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Channel to receive all our podcasts as they go live!
Did You Miss?
Chantal worked for 15 years in senior sales and marketing roles in the media industry before transitioning careers. She began as a qualified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor. Realising she could do more to help the industry, she became a Fitness Business Coach with Active Management. Then in 2015, she became the host of The Fitness Business Podcast. Now with over 262 shows and 500,000 downloads it is one of the world’s top podcasts for fitness business owners, managers and fitpreneurs.
Chantal has interviewed fitness industry leaders including Rick Caro, Bill McBride, Brent Darden, Rasmus Ingerslev, Derek Gallup, Alison Flatley, Mo Hagan, Sarah Robb O’Hagan, Carrie Kepple, Emma Barry.
Fitness industry award winners including Todd Durkin, Krista Popowych, Carol Michaels, Kristen Green.
International authors including Jay Baer, Jeb Blount, Mark Shaefer, Mike Michaelowicz, Michelle Segar.