Assistant Manager Falcon, WA
Are you a sales gun with admin skills & a passion for the health and fitness industry and want to progress being an Anytime Fitness Club Manager?
Anytime Fitness Falcon is proud to have been serving the Falcon and surrounding community for over 9 years, providing a place where people can focus on their health, through different modalities of fitness training. Our team take pride and ownership of our wok and the impact we are having in the community.
We are after an Assistant Club Manager to join our team. Our Club has experienced continual growth and we are now looking for someone to join the leadership team and have input on the direction and growth. We want someone that is willing to contribute to the discussions and the direction of the Club to ensure its continued success.
About the Role:
The position suits a candidate with a strong ‘ownership mentality’ who is passionate about Health & fitness, and the community, has a “run the business as your own” mentality. Working with and liaising with the Owner and other team members to provide the best experience for our members.
As the Assistant Club Manager, you will be a crucial member of the team and will be responsible for the day-to-day operational duties and developing and maintaining an excellent club culture. This will need to be done in such a way as to achieve all agreed targets and effectively, lead the team by embracing a balanced approach to managing the business and cultivating an environment in which our values can thrive.
This role commences Part Time as Assistant Club Manager, but the mid-to-long term goal will be to train the successful candidate to take over operations of our Falcon Club as Club Manager, as the business further expands. Above award wage plus bonuses for the right person.
Do you have the following experience and qualities?
- Experience or knowledge in gym operations.
- Sound business skills with an ‘ownership’ mentality. Run the Business as Your Own.
- Experience in establishing Business to Business partnerships and establishing outreach.
- Experience with social media and sound computer skills.
- Self-motivated work ethic with an eye for detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership.
- Sales and marketing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for delivering excellence in customer service.
- Reliable and proactive with a problem/solution approach.
- Exceptional proven organizational skills with a task driven mentality.
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness – desirable but not essential
- CPR, First Aid.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.