Fitness Playground’s mission is to change the gym experience and environment. Our goal to inspire change. Fitness Playground is in the Top 50 Places to Work in Australia and is a 2019 & 2020 Employer of Choice award winner. Finding, educating and growing great humans is at the centre of what we do.
We are looking for a high performing Club Manager to join us and help lead our growing Teams. This important role focusses on maintaining and raising company standard in overall performance across all Fitness Playground clubs by consistently driving outstanding club results through the growth and development of direct reports, complimenting departments, and self-driven performance.
As Club Manager, your role will be to setup, launch, lead and drive this meticulously designed space set across a massive 2500m2 with 5 studio’s, boxing ring, 14 lifting platforms, 18 benches and 150 classes. With a team of 3 managers, 40+ Personal Trainers, 30+ group instructors and a membership team servicing 5,000+ members, this role is not for the faint hearted.
To be happy and successful, you must love and have a track record of growing great humans, achieving big targets and driving a culture of exceeding expectations.
At the same time, if you are not prepared to get your hands dirty and lead from the front, then this is not the role (or the company) for you.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar Management role.
- Knowledge of the gym environment.
- Fitness Industry experience.
- Experience in staff learning and development.
- Proven record of achievements and success.
Roles & Responsibilities
1/ Club Performance
- Continuous improvement & overall performance of Sales and Personal Training Team each business quarter.
- Mentor Personal Trainers to improve their performance.
- Ensure the effective use of procedures & processes to enhance company performance.
- Coach Sales Team to achieve targets, up-sell and cross-sell each month.
- Deliver effective training to staff across multiple departments & club to help improve overall business performance.
- Oversee operations of the entire gym.
2/ Member Experience & Integration
- Improve customer experience and retention each business quarter.
- Go above and beyond to enhance the member experience.
- Drive integration of new members and up-sell members into personal training and group training.
- Ensure that every member interaction results in a positive experience.
- Ensure the operations of the gym continue to push boundaries and change the gym environment and experience.
If this sounds like a role for you and you are looking to grow within our business, please do apply via our website, we look forward to hearing from you; https://thefitnessplayground.com.au/work-with-us/
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.