About Our Fitness Businesses:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Manager to join our group to support the continued growth and expansion of our fitness businesses. Working alongside the Directors, this role will lead our Senior Management Team in the day to day operations across the fitness portfolio, to further strengthen the health of our Communities, and to drive for increased efficiencies across all departments. Strategic vision and an ability to travel in this role will be a necessity.
Our Fitness Clubs and Studios are currently in their 16th year of operation, located throughout the Northwest of Western Australia and Perth. Our Company is made up of 10 facilities – and growing. The success of our Clubs and Studios has been built on strong core values, financial strength, exceptional staff culture and Community engagement.
About the role:
As the General Manager you will be required to oversee day to day operations, marketing and promotional planning, financial and sales growth, staff development – including our Senior Management Team.
In this role you will:
- Manage & Lead Senior Staff effectively (15) to ensure they have all the tools required to complete their roles in leading and developing their own staff (150 plus in total) , including professional development
- Along with Managers and Regional Managers, oversee all facets of day to day operations for all Clubs and Studios
- You will have an eye for technology, ability to assess and implement, aiming to improve our members experience
- Continue to grow and strengthen our financial position across the group, recognising cost cutting and efficiencies where needed
- Have a strong advertising, marketing and sales approach, understanding our Communities and locations to deepen our market reach
- Strong ability to present to the public (and on screen), mix with local businesses and current industry leaders
- Bring fresh ideas to value add our Members experience
- Have exceptional ‘relationship building’ ability between staff/members/community
What’s on offer?
This role offers you the opportunity to work alongside Owners and Senior Staff who are ambitious, professional, leaders in their field and show a wide vision for all platforms of our business
- Full-Time Permanent Position
- Autonomy in your leadership
- An excellent and competitive salary package with incentives to match the responsibility of this role – depending on experience and qualifications. This will be discussed at enquiry stage
- Leading a results orientated Company and Team who make decisions based around their core values
- Joining a good humoured, dynamic, supportive team that will ensure you are part of a strong Community, vision and focus
- Opportunity to live and work in Broome (optional – not essential). Broome is where our Head Office is located and is the ‘engine room’ of our business.
As the successful applicant you will be an experienced Manager that has:
- 3+ years in a similar role or equivalent
- Professional education or equivalent to suit this role
- Previous club / gym management of at least 50 plus ‘ground level staff’
- Previous development of Senior Staff
- Built Teams with exceptional culture and standards
- Strong, proven relationship building / people management
- Marketing, promotion/social media development and sponsorship experience
- Ability to present and implement new ideas, strategies and know how to Directors
- Extensive Sales background in strengthening our position in the market
- Solid presentation skills and public speaking ability
- Exceptional urgency in ‘getting the job done’
- Flexible to travel across the portfolio in WA
How to apply
If you believe you’re the perfect candidate for the role and want to be part of a team who are continually expanding, apply now with a copy of your cover letter and resume.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Community!
Contact Cindy Kempton on 0428 317 039 or email@example.com for more information
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.