- Lead a national program for an established not-for-profit
- Contract to end 2020, full time hours (1.0 FTE)
- Salary packaging available
ABOUT COTA SA AND THE STRENGTH FOR LIFE LIVING LONGER: LIVING STRONGER PROGRAM
COTA SA (Council on the Ageing, SA) exists to advance the rights, interests and futures of Australians as we age. That means rewriting what modern ageing is and can be, standing up for the needs of older people who are disadvantaged and speaking out against ageism and age discrimination.
Strength for Life Living Longer: Living Stronger is a new national program to operate across Australia ensuring all older Australians have access to COTA endorsed strength training and physical fitness programs with instructors who understand the needs of older people.
A natural leader and creator, you will have experience in developing new and innovative programs from across the worlds of business, government or the not-for-profit sector. You have a demonstrated knowledge of the fitness industry and the wellbeing sector with a proven ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, in particular older Australians. You have a thorough knowledge of the training sector and the ability to ensure a quality assurance methodology is applied to the national training for the program.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The National Program Manager is responsible to the Head – Programs and Business Development for implementing and managing the Strength for Life Living Longer: Living Stronger program. This role will also work closely with COTA A as the funding contract Manager, COTA WA as the lead partner organisation responsible for marketing and all other COTA’s involved in the program.
This key leadership position within COTA will also contribute to the strategic planning and surveillance of the program ensuring it is appropriately monitored to meet the agreed KPI’s, quality standards and targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of the program ensuring it is delivered with integrity, consistency and meets quality standards.
- Ensuring that the program has a strong customer focus which informs and shapes all aspects of the program, to maximise participation and customer satisfaction.
- The development of a national training program for fitness instructors.
- Self-management and a demonstrated commitment to learning through the review and evaluation of your own performance to further develop your skills, experience and knowledge.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience in management of a program involving dispersed delivery.
- Thorough understanding of the fitness industry and the wellbeing sector.
- Experience in writing submissions, tenders and reports to funders.
- Experience in developing and monitoring program outcomes, budgets, and managing risks.
- Capacity to partner with key external stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to establish credibility and gain the confidence of a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced verbal and written communication.
- Analysis, problem solving, decision making and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, meeting strict deadlines.
- The ability to explore creative, new and innovative solutions and readily accommodate change.
This role will be offered on a 1.0 FTE basis to December 30th 2020.
Salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience at level 7 of the Social Community, Homecare and Disability Services Industry Award. This is your opportunity to join an organisation with a friendly and passionate team of professionals making a difference to the lives of older people.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their CV along with a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the position description which can be accessed from the following link: https://www.cotasa.org.au/lib/pdf/about_us/PD_National_Program_Manager_SFLLLLS.pdf
Applications close COB Monday April 15th and should be submitted via email to Ross Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries please contact Jane Mussared, Chief Executive, COTA SA, on (08) 8232 0422.
No agency enquiries.
15 April 2019
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.