Here is what resonated for me on this weeks podcast with An Coppens on the power of gamification for the fitness industry:
“I love to see people win!” An Coppens
And An’s top tips were:
- Appeal to the intrinsic and extrinsic motivations of your members in #gamification. The carrot gets them started, true motivation keeps them going.
- It’s the word of mouth and the buzz you create around the game, that will get more and more people involved.
- Challenges are a great way to get fitness members and clients engaged with your business.
- If you are going to run a challenge, think it through from the start and make sure your team is totally behind it.
- Do short challenges to get people started, try out at least 6 different ways to reach your members and clients via gamification.
- This year – an Olympic year – is a great time to introduce gamification into your business, even steal.
Tell us in the comments below your #1 Takeaway from this show or what success you have had from implementing an idea you heard here!
Subscribe to The Fitness Business Podcast Show Notes to receive all our podcasts as they go live!
Chantal worked for 15 years in senior sales and marketing roles in the media industry before transitioning careers. She began as a qualified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor. Realising she could do more to help the industry, she became a Fitness Business Coach with Active Management. Then in 2015, she became the host of The Fitness Business Podcast. Now with over 262 shows and 500,000 downloads it is one of the world’s top podcasts for fitness business owners, managers and fitpreneurs.
Chantal has interviewed fitness industry leaders including Rick Caro, Bill McBride, Brent Darden, Rasmus Ingerslev, Derek Gallup, Alison Flatley, Mo Hagan, Sarah Robb O’Hagan, Carrie Kepple, Emma Barry.
Fitness industry award winners including Todd Durkin, Krista Popowych, Carol Michaels, Kristen Green.
International authors including Jay Baer, Jeb Blount, Mark Shaefer, Mike Michaelowicz, Michelle Segar.