- AUD $119,914 – $135,281 per annum plus Superannuation
- Full-time permanent position
- Sydney CBD
Caring for our city, creating a future for all
Our people are passionate about their communities and connected to their teams. They’re motivated by our genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our clear, compelling plan for our global city: Sustainable Sydney 2030 – 2050 Continuing the Vision .
Be part of a purpose-led organisation, with care at its core. You’ll make a difference by acting in the best interests of our communities and city. Be better together with collaborative and inclusive partnerships. Embrace possibilities and be open to new ideas and creating bold solutions.
As one of the Contract Managers who oversee these dynamic services, you will have the opportunity to both drive up standards and develop relationships to ensure the needs of our community are met.
You will work with the Leisure Contracts Relationship and Performance Manager in the management and administration of both the Council’s aquatic leisure and community tennis contracts, ensuring both contractual and statutory compliance. Through the contracts we will achieve excellent results including continuous improvement in areas of patron satisfaction and the delivery of corporate priorities. This includes increasing rates of participation in physical activity and provision of services to vulnerable groups.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on everyone to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of the City of Sydney, playing your personal part in making it a vibrant and liveable place and that everyone shares the benefits of this success.
You will play a role in shaping the management of the aquatic leisure and community tennis contracts into the future, requiring a clear vision of what our service will provide.
- Proactive, determined, and positive, you will contribute to the development of partnership working, contract management and monitoring systems.
- With a high degree of organisational skills, you will, through the contracts, deliver the best quality of service with our contractors.
- You will need a track record of successful leisure centre contract management and ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
- This role will include monitoring of financial performance, which will require solid business acumen, and knowledge of service standards alongside thorough comprehension of the industry, relevant Health and Safety legislation, best practice and quality systems.
- Strong and varied communication styles and interpersonal skills will be needed to develop constructive relationships with contractor staff and senior managers, patrons, stakeholders and other partners within the City.
- The ability to negotiate will also be required to maximise the benefits derived from, and future improvements to, the contractual relationships.
The successful applicant is required to complete a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: View or download the position description
Applications must be submitted online by 11:59pm, Monday 4 December 2023.
For further information contact: Gavin Ross, Leisure Contracts Relationship & Performance Manager on 02 9246 7563.
A challenging and rewarding career: Why joining the City of Sydney might be the right move for you.
We offer a teams-based approach to flexibility. Our flexible working benefits include 26 week parental leave, paid partner leave of 10 weeks and paid super for up to 52 weeks of parental leave. You’ll have the opportunity to work a 19-day month with flexible working options.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and celebrate a workplace as diverse as our communities. We’re passionate about gender balance in the workplace, with an executive team that is two-thirds female and 50% of our leadership roles held by women.
We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, and LGBTIQA+ communities to join us.
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.