Do you have a passion for helping others be the best possible version of themselves? Are you ambitious about coaching and thrive in a high-performing environment?
At One Playground, we’re a new kind of gym, a ‘super-boutique’ on a mission to inspire change for our members, staff and the global fitness industry.
Our team of Great Humans drive our success at One Playground. Starting from humble beginnings as a small bootcamp in Surry Hills, we’ve grown to a team of over 250 across four locations, and we are proud to be consistently recognised as one of Australia’s best places to work.
Our accolades include being rated Top 50 Places to Work in Australia, 2019 & 2020 Employer of Choice Award, AFR Best Places to Work, 2021 and FIT Summit Boutique of the Year 2022 and 2023.
About the Role: Personal Trainer Manager | Head Coach
One Playground has a one-team mentality. Our Head Coaches embody our values and lead our growing teams of coaches. This pivotal role focuses on achieving outstanding results by empowering and developing our talented individuals while effectively managing the coaching department, club performance, and member experience.
This position requires a determined individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
One Playground Head Coach responsibilities encompass four critical areas of success:
* Foster the growth and development of your team through training one-to-one coaching, ensuring their personal satisfaction and long-term career progression.
* Maintain a world-class facility and experience. Effectively communicate with coaches and implement One Playground goals and values.
* Drive overall business success by analysing data, planning, and setting goals based on performance.
* Recognise and develop leadership opportunities for all coaches.
To excel in this role, you have a genuine passion for cultivating the growth of individuals, achieving ambitious targets, and fostering a culture of exceeding expectations.
One Playground is One Team, of Great Humans, who Get Better Every Day, so we can Design the Future and, most importantly, Do Cool Sh*t!
More About You
* You have 3-5 years of experience as a high-performance coach, and you find fulfilment in leading a team that wants to get better every day.
* You communicate effectively and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* You’re someone who can talk to anyone.
* You’re an established expert within the industry; you’ve earned your stripes and can share stories to inspire others.
* At the same time, you’re humble and demonstrate humility when you don’t have all the answers.
* Alongside being a great human with excellent technical ability in coaching, you take pride in your service and client experience standards.
* Problem-solving comes naturally to you. When a task needs doing, you lead from the front, get your hands dirty and set the standard for others.
* Management experience outside of the fitness industry
What’s in it for you:
* This position is flexible, with the option to maintain sessions with clients on the gym floor while leading your team
* Earning potential OTE $130k – $150k p/a (incl base, super, bonuses & additional PT sessions)
* Work in a world-class gym environment like no other
* Join a company that’s going through rapid growth and a clearly defined career progression plan to accommodate your ambitions and development.
* We want you to get better every day.
* Do Cool Sh*t!
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.