About the Organisation
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We engage with communities to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children’s programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
Our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
About the Role
Located in Traralgon, the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) is the centrepiece of the Latrobe Valley. The centre will feature a range of facilities for competitive swimming, leisure, general community use and major regional events, including an eight-lane 50-metre indoor swimming pool with 500 spectator seats.
As the Health & Wellness Coordinator, you will provide leadership and direction to the health and fitness team while providing a high quality and robust programming schedule, focusing of driving participation and member retention.
This role is being offered on a permanent full time basis.
What we’re looking for
You will possess strong communications skills, a positive and accommodating manner, will continue to strive for implementing innovative unique programs, systems and technology into the health club.
In addition to this, you will have:
- Demonstrated track record in managing and leading teams
- Experience in a variety of health and wellness programs
- Demonstrated track record in implementation and continuous improvement of Health and Wellness programs
- Innovation of new programs and community engagement
- Minimum Certificate III in Fitness (certificate IV is desirable)
- Current registration with Fitness Australia
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to YMCA programs and facilities
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email email@example.com for further information.
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.