Shout Outs From Last Week
- Thanks to Fred and the Melbourne LAM Group for Anytime Fitness for inviting me to work with their 20+ clubs last Thursday. We had over 80 club managers, assistant managers, and personal trainers come along and learn about . . . I cannot tell you! The content is of course top secret! To have me work with your team, email me now.
- To the Fitness Australia Team of Ange & Maddy for a chat on how they can will be involved with The Fitness Industry Technology Summit in 2020..
Two days left only to secure your Fitness Industry Technology Summit Extra Early Bird Registration! These will be the cheapest tickets you will ever get – even cheaper than 2019 tickets! To grab register click here and use the code ‘GoAgain’ to save $150!
You can download a free ebook that lists of every book that was mentioned by guests in The Fitness Business Podcast in 2019! This is an awesome resource and well worth downloading for free. Click here to get your ebook.
Active Management Community
A big week this week with two ideas under 50 bucks shared – including an awesome fundraising activity; a powerful question to ask ourselves to get better at what we do; an update on what Apple are doing in the fitness industry; and loads more. Including today when we have our monthly Book Club.
We had 33 new members join last week which meant we are over 1600 members!
Every week there are resources and assets to help you lead your business. There are no sales pitches. People just like you helping, sharing and growing so we can together lower the health care costs across the globe! Join the community here.
An AM Announcement
In 2020 we have made the decision to change our personal trainers roundtable to a fitness studio/group training roundtable. So if you’re in NSW and own a group training business – indoors or outdoors – lets chat about get you into this amazing Roundtable! To chat with me about Roundtable, make a time that suits you by clicking here.
The various Australian and New Zealand Industry Leaders Roundtable are taking applications now:
- Australian Club Owners Roundtable
- NSW Personal Trainers Roundtable
- New Zealand Fitness Business Roundtable
Message me now or drop me an email: email@example.com to find out more.
If you’re based in the US, then REX Roundtables is available for you to join.
Almost every team member hates role play! And there are three reasons why:
- It is not really play.
- It’s positioned to catch people out
- It is not designed to help people get better
A critical component to sales success is practising what we should be doing and as leaders we need to change our mindset toward role play. And here are FIVE of suggestions:
- Find ways to discover successes from role play.
- Reward those successes.
- Have people dress up to play the role part.
- Be consistent in your role plays.
- Don’t make it a big deal.
#ThinkAndDoDifferent with Active Management in 2020.
Justin is the Managing Director of Active Management, which he began January 2004. He offers coaching to businesses worldwide in everything from start up and design to marketing and sales systems. Justin also facilitates four Australian and New Zealand ‘fitness industry roundtables’ events, which allows him to see a huge cross section of business models.